Web Development (PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, and Drupal) Resume
Available for contract work on a project-to-project basis. Not available for relocation.
Recent Work Experience
2003-Current | G-Net Consulting, Inc. | Salisbury, MD
- Worked with the National Weather Service to build database and web site solutions for several large Weather Service products using PHP and MySQL, running on the Linux platform.
- Built a Content Management Service used by over 700 NWS employees to control several aspects of large NWS products across multiple locations / regions.
- Built a Perl utility to process XML documents to build RSS files to syndicate content to web browsers, email clients, and cell phones.
- Setup several servers running Linux (RHE5 and Fedora Core 4, 5, and 6) with PHP 5, MySQL 5, Perl and CPAN modules, kernel updates, and more.
- Built and maintain Guitarists.net, a 250,000+ page community site running on PHP/MySQL, serving over 600,000 page views a month.
- Worked with a marketing team on the new code for NAFAC.com, an urgent care organization. Rebuilt the infrastructure to allow admins to maintain the site using a web browser, no longer needing to use FrontPage.
- Worked with the Drupal CMS system to build sites for clients of all sizes, including an eCommerce site, brochure sites, and more. Experience includes Drupal 5/6, custom Drupal themeing, experience with CCK, Views, Ubercart, and more.
1999-2004 | Delmarva Online | Salisbury, MD
- Worked with the sales staff to create proposals for web clients, and then worked with each client to customize the development of their web site to meet their Internet needs.
- Built web sites using Cold Fusion and SQL Server to meet the needs of each specific clients needs, including brochure sites to eCommerce solutions.
- Acted as channel between upper management and the design team to meet the design needs of the company.
- Worked with HR department in building a web-based timesheet system, removing the need for paper timesheets to be filled out. Automatically processes sick, personal, and accrued vacation time dynamically.
- Worked on solutions to automate processes for businesses, making the editing and updating of data on their web sites a seamless and easy process.